Project Updates as at 31 May, 2017
Status: Business Planning
- The draft Outline Business Case has been completed and submitted SRIU on April 30, 2017, for initial review and subsequent submission to the BCRP.
- The daft OBC presents a recommended option designed to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Public Works Department, which includes Parks, Recreation & Cemeteries.
- The OBC builds on a Strategic Assessment that was approved by Cabinet on 14 June, 2016.
- The project has now met the interim target outcome set by Cabinet, with the submission of an OBC for review by the BCRP.
Next key milestone: Update of OBC based on feedback from the BCRP and subsequently submission to PFSC (estimated timeline: to be confirmed).
Estimated project completion timeline: N/A – Project has not yet been initiated.
Project Updates as at 30 November, 2016
Status: Business Planning
A Strategic Assessment of the potential to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Public Works Department (PSI24) has identified two viable options: either a programme of incremental improvements; or a more transformational approach based on restructuring the organisation and radically updating business processes to align with industry best practice. The latter option potentially includes strategic identification of opportunities for the private sector to take greater involvement in the delivery of public works. An outline business case is being prepared to identify the preferred option for implementation.
Strategic Assessment has been approved by Cabinet, the PWD (PSI25) team are working with key stakeholders on a more detailed analysis, which will be presented in an Outline Business Case.
Project Updates as at 25 May, 2016
Related EY Recommendations:
13.1.12 – Outsourcing and employee mutuals, operations and works services (PWD)
PROJECTS ASSIGNED TO: MINISTRY OF PLANNING, LANDS, AGRICULTURE, HOUSING AND INFRASTRUCTURE (PLAH&I)
Minister: Hon. Kurt Tibbetts
Project Sponsor: Mr. Alan Jones, Chief Officer
Overview (taken from Cabinet’s Project Future Programme Brief): This project will consider the scope to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of services provided by the Public Works Department, including the potential to increase private sector provision of services.
Status: This project is being progressed. (A Strategic Assessment has been approved by Cabinet.) (Press Release)
- A Strategic Assessment was submitted, which combines this project and PSI25. It has been finalised and submitted for approval.