Project Updates as at 31 May, 2017
Status: Business Planning
- Work is progressing on a range of operational improvements and the implementation of recommendations outlined in a report commissioned by Deloitte, including:
- The roll out of an ITIL framework, to align IT services with organizational needs (Estimated completion date: fourth quarter of 2017).
- A revamping of the CSD organizational structure with a focus on effective Governance, Architecture and User-Centric Service Delivery.
- The establishment of a new Change Advisory Board for all proposed IT changes.
- Training for CSD personnel as Certified Information Systems Security Professional, enabling them to function as a virtual cybersecurity team.
- The development of the OBC has not yet been progressed beyond an initial first draft. The Director of CSD has identified the need for additional resources to complete this work (revised estimated completion date for OBC: July 2017).
Next key milestones: Completion and submission of Terms of Reference (last estimated completion date: May 31, 2017) and delivery of an OBC (last estimated submission timeline: July 2017).
Estimated project completion date: N/A – Project has not yet been initiated.
Project Updates as at 30 November, 2016
Status: Business Planning
With the appointment of the new Director for the Computer Services Department (CSD), work is progressing on the further development and implementation of recommendations in a report commissioned from Deloitte. A revamping of the organisational structure has been given immediate priority, with an initial focus on effective Governance and User-centric Service Delivery, alongside support for the E-Government initiative to identify Data Ownership, the removal of duplication and the introduction of an interoperable system (the X-Road) which will allow multiple software programmes to seamlessly communicate with each other.
Recruitment of key posts including Business Relation Management, Cybersecurity and Service Management has commenced. The ITIL Framework, a set of practices for IT service management that focuses on aligning IT services with the needs of business, is being rolled out and will be completed by the fourth quarter of 2017. Embracing this new approach, CSD has already seen marked improvement in customer relations and productivity evidenced by a 75% drop in “morning after” calls to the Help Desk, the successful engagement of government departments who were receiving application and network support from service providers other than CSD, and increased collaboration between CSD and other government entities on projects.
As part of the longer-term, more strategic elements of this project, CIG will refocus efforts on providing world class in-house support for core Government business utilising the local market for key expertise under a multi-sourcing model. This work will be underpinned by the development of an Outline Business Case.
Project Updates as at 25 May, 2016
Relevant EY Recommendations:
24.1- IT Transformation
13.1.6- Outsourcing and employee mutuals, application services
13.1.7-Outsourcing and employee mutuals, technical services
13.1.8-Outsourcing and employee mutuals, printing/distribution services
PROJECTS ASSIGNED TO: MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS
The Premier and Minister: Hon. Alden McLaughlin
Project Sponsor: Mr. Eric Bush, Chief Officer
Overview (taken from Cabinet’s Project Future Programme Brief): There has been no coherent IT strategy driving Government activity. The need to address this has been recognised and Deloitte was commissioned to draft a proposed way forward. The further development and implementation of their work is an essential component of this project. It will also need to address systematically information ownership and dissemination and on the appropriation configuration for the delivery of IT services, either in-house, using external providers, or in combination.
Status: An Outline Business Case is being progressed.
- An Outline Business Case was submitted and a quality review has been completed. It is currently being revised for approval.