Project Updates as at 31 May, 2017
- This project is now closed, with approval from the Transformational Leadership Team on 31 March 2017 for some remaining deliverables to be progressed within the programme of activities for the Civil Service Strategic Plan. A Project Closure Report is being finalised.
- The project has achieved the following key deliverables:
- Creation of learning pathways, which are linked to HR & Finance.
- Partial implementation of a revised Electronic Performance Management system, which covers issues related to performance. The system enables the online preparation and submission of standard Performance Management Agreements and Assessments, and automatically tracks submissions and generates compliance reports.
- Provision of management training on SMART goal setting and having meaningful performance meetings.
- Provided professional training on Making the Most of Performance Management – 179 civil servants were trained through 16 training sessions.
- Delivered Performance Management training on ‘Having difficult conversations’.
- Development of a detailed work plan for further planned improvements.
- The remaining deliverables approved for transfer are:
- Full deployment of a revised Electronic Disciplinary and Performance Management, to include disciplinary support.
- Linking Core competencies underpinning the Strategic Plan to learning objectives.
Project Updates as at 30 November, 2016
Status: Project Execution
This project has delivered training for managers, continued improvements to the Electronic Performance Management (EPM) system and support for tackling poor performance which, if left unchecked, can cause both reputational damage and can stifle the morale and productivity of high performing staff. It has also sustained the dramatically improved rates of compliance with Performance Agreements and Performance Assessments across the Civil Service since the 2012-13 financial year.
Project Updates as at 25 May, 2016
Relevant EY Recommendations:
20.1- Improve performance management of public service employees
PROJECTS ASSIGNED TO: PORTFOLIO OF THE CIVIL SERVICE (PoCS)
Deputy Governor: Hon. Franz Manderson
Project Sponsor: Mrs. Gloria McField-Nixon, Chief Officer
Overview (taken from Cabinet’s Project Future Programme Brief): This project takes forward further incremental improvements to the performance management system, to make current practice more effective in managing actual performance and using the process to drive performance improvements .
Status: In Project Execution.
The following work has been completed:
- Creation of learning pathways which are linked to various professional pathways
- Deployment of a revised electronic performance management template
- Deployment of a new electronic disciplinary support system
Other work to be delivered includes:
- Providing management training on SMART goal setting and having meaningful performance management meetings by 30 June, 2016.
- Developing a detailed work plan for further planned improvements during the 16/17 financial year by 30 June, 2016.