Project Updates as at 31 May 2017
Status: Project Execution
- This project is working towards an interim target agreed with Cabinet to devise a new framework to ensure the alignment of Government activity to political priorities, as an initial key deliverable under this project.
- It is intended that the implementation of this framework after the May Elections will enable the rapid delivery of a new strategic policy statement which can then drive the budget and planning cycle for the 2018 budget.
- To date a draft framework has been developed, which aims to facilitate:
- The effective engagement of the elected Government in June 2017;
- The collaborative engagement of both the political and civil service administrations in the development of a 3 year strategy that identifies:
- Key broad policy areas
- Specific initiatives for implementation
- A methodology for effective project implementation
- A process for monitoring, tracking and reporting on outcomes
- Identification of key deliverables during the first 100 days of the administration.
Next key milestone: Completion of the draft Framework by the Cabinet Office and subsequent presentation of the Framework with possible priorities to the new Administration.
Estimated project completion date: June 2017.
Project Updates as at 30 November, 2016
Status: Detailed Project Planning
Project Future identified the need for the creation of a new policy framework (ABO01) across Government. Further to the project being put on hold to allow further consideration of the scope and timing of the project and the subsequent decision to proceed, a document on scope and timing is being prepared for Cabinet’s consideration in the second week of January 2017.
Project Updates as at 25 May, 2016
Related EY Recommendations:
19.1 – Develop a long term vision for the Cayman Islands
22.1 – Simplify budgeting and financial reporting
1.2 – Creation of a REIT
PROJECTS ASSIGNED TO: CABINET OFFICE
The Premier: Hon. Alden McLaughlin
Project Sponsor: Mr. Samuel Rose, Cabinet Secretary
Overview (taken from Cabinet’s Project Future Programme Brief): There is no clearly articulated vision for the future of the Cayman Islands. Without such a vision, it is difficult for the Government to take decisions and make strategic choices between options for the future. This project focuses on the development of a vision and the creation of a medium term Government Strategy and financial plan, to translate the vision into a programme of Government action.
Status: Not yet progressed.
- Following initial discussions with Caucus, detailed work on ABO 01 has been put on hold to allow further consideration of the scope and timing of the project. Options will be considered and a change request will be prepared for Cabinet.